Our Charitable Projects
Our Charitable Projects
LRMA is a registered charity which provides a musical education of exceptional quality to children and young people from wide social and financial backgrounds, living in the Greater London area.
Our first charitable objective: We never reject any child wishing to join LRMA, provided he/she demonstrates commitment to their studies and is prepared to work hard. Of course, we understand that not every family can afford to pay for the comprehensive music education LRMA provides. Therefore, when a child is invited for an assessment and interview, we explain to the family the possibility/criteria of applying for financial assistance.
Scholarships: The offer of a Scholarship is made at audition or on the outcome of assessments/examinations/public performances. Scholarships range from 10% -100% of fees depending on the level achieved and the financial circumstances of the family.
Bursary Fund: Families that would struggle to pay full fees are invited to apply for assistance from our Bursary Fund.
Hardships Fund: Families whose circumstances suddenly change are invited to apply for assistance from our Hardship Fund.
From 2020, we plan to offer free and subsidised places in Junior Choir and Junior Orchestra for children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Our second charitable objective: We provide opportunities for children from all backgrounds to hear live performances of classical music by way of our end of term concerts, which are free for all. In addition, recitals given at St Mark's Church by our talented young professional musicians are open to members of the public free of charge, though we encourage a donation to support our charitable activities.
Our third charitable objective: We participate in joint charity concerts and events organised in collaboration with partner organisations. Both our pupils and our teachers enjoy playing in these fundraising concerts and events, considering it integral to being a member of the 'LRMA family'.
In the past few years we have taken part in:
- A concert to raise funds for Life Line (now Chance for Life ) to cover the costs of life-saving heart operations for children in Russia
- A Family Fundraiser in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital
- A concert to raise funds for Médecins Sans Frontières
- A concert in aid of Friends of the Belarusian Children's Hospital in Minsk
- A concert in support of the British Emunah Fund - working with at risk children in Israel
- Riordan event to commemorate the World War I
- A collaboration with the London Russian Ballet School at Cadogan Hall to give less well off children the opportunity experience classical music and ballet performed live